The main objective of the District Industries Centre(DIC) is to promote and facilitate the growth of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises as well as Handicraft and Cottage industries.
Role of DIC
- To identify prospective entrepreneurs to take up viable projects.
- To identify viable projects and make demand survey on the available resources of the district and plan for promotion of viable industries in the area.
- To grant acknowledgement for Entrepreneurs Memorandum Part – I and Part – II filed by entrepreneurs.
- To prepare viable and feasible project reports.
- To strengthen the guidance cell to solve the problems of the entrepreneurs.
- To maintain up to date data on SSI Sector.
- To recommend financial proposals to Odisha State Financial Corporation/ Financial Institutions / Banks etc.
- To allot Govt. land /shed in Industrial Estates.
- To recommend for power connection.
- To arrange EDP training.
- To arrange exhibition, fair and publicity and visit of industrialists to Trade Fairs and different Industrial Estates of other States.
- To solve the problems of the industrial units at the district level.
- To monitor the health of existing SSI units and the progress of those in the pipe line.
- To recommend different incentives as per the industrial policy of the State Govt.
- To provide necessary marketing assistance.
- To monitor the implementation of the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme.
- To assist revival of sick SSI Units.
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||Sanctioned Strength||Staff/Officer in Position|
Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
Introduction on Small industries and Handicrafts of the District
No of Small industries Units.–02
Only 02 Nos of industries have been designated as Small Scale Enterprise . All are micro enterprises.
No of Medium industries Units.– Nil
|Sl. No||Name of the Potential Industries|
|01||J B Oil Industries, Malkangiri|
|02||S K Enterprises, Malkangir|
|03||Mahavir Rice Mill, Malkangiri|
|04||Veer Modern Rice Mill|
|05||Subaleswar Rice Mill, Malkangiri|
|06||Maa Mangala Rice Mill, Malkangiri|
|07||Sarladevi Rice Mill, Malkangiri|
|08||Sri Durga Rice Mill, Kalimela|
|09||Balaji Rice Mill, Kalimela|
|10||Singhasini Rice Mill, Korukonda|
|11||Sarada Rice Mill, Tarlakota|
|12||Annapurna Rice Mill, Balimela|
|13||Sahu Enterprises, Chitrakonda II|
|14||Laxmi Ganesh Rice Mill,Govindpalli|
|15||Jayshree Rice Mill, Mathili|
|16||Vasavi Modern Rice Mill, Govindapalli|
|17||Baba Modern Rice Mill|
|18||Sabitri Stone Crusher, Malkangiri|
|19||Mutyalama Modern Rice Mill, Siagimal, Korukonda|
|20||Balaji Rice Mill, Balimela|
|21||Ambika Modern Rice Mill, DNK, Malkangiri|
|Sl. No||Special Handicrafts made||Location|
|01||Teracotta Craft||Pannaguda of Korukonda Block
Pusuguda of Kalimela Block
Thappaguda of Malkangiri Block
|02||Sisal Fibre Craft||Mutebeda of Mathili Block
Khairapalli of Mathili Block
|03||Bamboo Craft||Karapalli & Saradaput of Mathili Block
Panasput, K. Gumma, Genebeda of Kudumulugumma Block
Bhaluguda of Malkangiri Block
The no. of Small industries(MSME) location wise details
Only 02 Nos of units have been designated as Small Scale Enterprises as detailed below:
M/S Sabitri Stone Crusher, Prop- S. Parameswar Rao, At-Po: Malkangiri
M/S Subaleswar Rice Mill,Prop:- Simanchal Sabat, At:-Jayanagar, MV-42, Dist:-Malkangiri
Type of industries available in the District
Medium scale industries – Nil
Small Scale industries-02
No. of industries ( Only Micro Enterprises)- 260 Nos
Investment in the District : Rs 894.36 Lakhs
SUPREME AUTHORITY OF THE OFFICE
Sri Sha Gond, OIS I ( Inter ),General Manager,
PIO-Sri B. K. Kandulana, IPO, Tel.No.-9777788826
District Industries Centre,
At: Old Collectorate Building, Malkangiri,
Dist: Malkangiri, Odisha
email id: firstname.lastname@example.org